Monday, June 9, 2008

Blogs

I've wondered for a while what makes a good blog? Is it the person's writing style or the person's story? Is it just being able to get a glimpse into someone else's life from their perspective? Why do some people have tons of comments for each and every post they make while others have none? Do people not comment because they feel like they don't "know" the person well enough to comment? I know people are reading my blog, and I read a lot of other people's blogs. I don't care for blogs about famous people even if they are done by that person. If I hear all your business on TV or see you on the cover a tabloid then I don't really care to read more about you. I prefer every day, run of the mill people, people that you might pass on the street or walk by in the grocery store. Those are the interesting stories to me. I read a lot of infertility blogs and blogs about people who have lost babies too. I feel a connection with them. But I still wonder what makes a truly good blog.

Edited June 11, 2008:

I just wanted to make it clear that this post was not to whine, complain, or troll for more comments. It was simply me wondering what other people like to read on a blog. I read a lot of different blogs, and it just got me to thinking about what makes one blog more popular than another. Also I know that I don't comment on every blog I read so I don't expect everyone that reads my blog to leave a comment.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetie,

I read your blog because your husband , my brother, doesn't communicate well. A typical trait of our family.

Through your blog I've learned about you and have come to understand some things and honestly have started to love you.

I've been thinking of starting a blog so you can have the same experience.

I know I don't talk to you enough. Again, that is an unfortunate trait of our family. My husband refers to it as "blinders" they see only what is in front of them and nothing else.

I'm not the best at communicating with them but I am trying. I do occasionally get frustrated enough to stop trying for a little while.

Just remember your blog is "good" because it is YOU.

mesa said...

If there are no comments it doesn't mean people don't read or think it's good -I think sometimes people might not know what to say or don't want to say the wrong thing. I like to read about what's going on in my friend's lives. They are all different even though some of them have similarities to me- some of them don't but I like them anyways. I like regularly updated blogs too. I know a ton of people read my blogs but don't comment it's okay though.. these are my thoughts. You have a good blog - comments don't make a blog good. love you

Patty said...

I read yours because I care about you. ♥

Foster Mom to Many said...

I just found your blog because I saw you had been to mine. I see a LOT of myself in your posts. We struggled for many years with infertility, we also lost a child and I've had 6 miscarriages-some early and some late. We've since adopted 2 children from foster care and have had 2 miracle babies by birth. I haven't read your whole blog yet but I intend to. My heart goes out to you and I'll keep you in my prayers.