Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Being an adult sucks!


Today started off shitty for me and it's still sucking. I woke up completely exhausted even though I went to bed at a reasonable time and slept well last night. Then I get to work and not even 10 minutes after I get here, I get a call. I've spent my entire day at work looking through old tariffs dating back to 1978 up to 2008. And I'm still no closer to finding what I'm looking for than I was at 8:15 this morning. It just drives me crazy. This is not where I imagined I would be when I was little and dreaming of being an adult. I'm a fucking glorified librarian/legal secretary/researcher/mind reader. Did I really go to school all those years to be this? I should have majored in something like pharmacy or engineering not finance. Damn hindsight is 20/20. I know it wouldn't be as bad if I even felt the least bit appreciated or valued. But when you see people getting promotions for no damn reason, and you're still the same low peon it wears on you. I'm supposed to jump through rings of fire while singing and tap dancing while others sit on their asses and may or may not ever do their job, but they are rewarded for it. Our department is run on a skeleton crew while others get new people all the time. But we don't fucking matter because we don't make money for the company we just keep the company's ass out of the fire day in and day out. And any money that our department does generate from all the work we do gets credited to some other area that didn't do half of the work. Damn, why the hell did I want to be an adult?

1 comment:

Diane said...

I don't get up and go to work out there in the real world, but my husband does and I understand what you are saying because he so often comes homes and rants about the same type of stuff.

I rant about similar things, but in the perspective of running a family. There are a lot of similarites.

At any rate, I'm sorry you had a bad day. I'm passing on hugs to you hoping that will help. I've had a few bad days too so I know I could use a few hugs too. I'm hoping today will be better, but with 4 or 5 hours of sleep, i'm not sure what is in store for me today.

Diane