Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Moms make the world go 'round


My favorite work-time guilty pleasure besides watching anime online is hanging on the E board on weight watchers.com but the last couple of days have been too bombarded with Mom/Baby/Toddler/Kids posts. I log in today and the majority of the front page is about moms, bibs, post-partem exams, and etc. So I left. Just like yesterday or was it the day before when the whole board was babies and new moms getting preggo again. It's just too much to grit my teeth and smile about sometimes. So instead of being this huge dark cloud, I just leave. I kind of want to join the trying to conceieve thread again, but why get my hopes up. It's already on my mind most days of the week so adding a daily written reminder would probably not be a good thing. It just sucks because that board used to be one of the funniest and interesting places to visit, but now it's just a huge baby center. It just seems like normal life and events has been replaced with mama drama all day long.
It's utterly frustrating to not have anywhere to interact with people like you used to. Why can't life just be simple once in a while?

2 comments:

niobe said...

I hate hearing people talk about their babies. It usually doesn't bother me quite as much online, because I just skip over the parts that I don't want to think about. But sometimes a post really gets to me and I have to back away from the computer for a while. No, it's not easy.

Maddie's Mom said...

My online hangout used to be my getaway from all the people around me talking about the latest poop and pee their kid took last night. My job is mainly a group of 5 people and 2 of them have new babies so somehow, someway the conversation always goes to babies.