Saturday, April 18, 2009

Rob's aunt recently experienced a tragedy last week. I talked to her on Facebook a couple of days ago and she told me what happened. Her hubby's nefew and his family has been living with her for a few months to get back on their feet. On Good Friday, she was babysitting their kids. The 4 month old baby boy choked on his spit-up. They administered CPR, but the little angel didn't make it. Rob's aunt is blaming herself for this accident. But we all know that it was an accident that's no one's fault. She tried to save him. But I know how you will blame yourself for things that were out of your control. I told her I would pray for her and their family. Rob wants to go visit his aunt and uncle this weekend to give them some support. But I just can't go over there. I'm not in a place right now that I can walk into a situation like that. We have no idea if the family is still living with them or not. And it's no way to go over to offer the aunt support and not run into the grieving parents and siblings. How could you offer her support and sympathy without doing the same for the parents? All I can do is pray for them. I think that's the best thing that I can do.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That was the theory the dr said may have happened to Princess. She was probably fed, aspirated and it would have been enough to stop her weak heart.

Please send my sympathies to the family. I know it's hard. It makes the memory of your lil' one come out and brings the pain back to the surface. sending hugs and prayers to them and you.