Sunday, February 10, 2008

Not ready

I'm not ready for the weekend to end. I'm not ready to go back to work tomorrow. I know I have a ton of work to do there and it sucks. I've been trying to get things together and cleaned up at the house this weekend and tried to get some rest. I haven't had much in the way of rest though. Friday night we cleaned a bit and had Chinese take out which was great. We finally watched Super Bad on dvd. And all I have to say is that was some funny stuff. I was laughing the whole time. We slept in until 11 on Saturday and ran by the post office to pick up a package. We cleaned most of the house and install a new set of sliding doors in between the living room and the dining room. Now the dogs are really confused because their "cut-through" is now closed off.

While we were cleaning Rob's mom called for help. She was out about 30 miles from home sneaking around looking at some land to buy and managed to get her xTerra stuck in the mud! She called us basically because she didn't want her husband to know she had been out there looking for somewhere for them to move. They have been "moving" for at least 20 years now. But a gravel and mud road out in the country away from civilization ain't it. She ended up having to call a tow truck to get her out since she was stuck sideways in the muck, mud, and mire. After that adventure we spent the rest of the evening on the couch watching tv.

Today we went to church and then to lunch with our friend, Phillip. We went to a fairly new bar and grill called Portico. This was our first time since they are usually packed, and I hate going to packed restaurants and waiting forever to eat. The turkey and avocado club with sweet potato fries was delicious. I know I shouldn't have, but I had to have a big slice of cheesecake topped with strawberries for dessert. Yum! I had bible study this afternoon and then our church had a Fish and Fellowship this evening. Right now the fellowship part is going on while I sit in my computer booth and blog. I'm waiting until it's time for me to do something. I'm not that into in hymn singing so I just chill out until the band starts to play. But I do enjoy the Young at Heart choir because I think some old people are so adorable. Hopefully the rest of my evening will be nice and relaxing.

No comments: