Thursday, May 1, 2008

Day 1

I haven't had much in the way of carbs today. No bread, no potatoes, no flour. Since I wasn't really prepared for a life changing diet I didn't have too much to choose from at home. I cooked my first frittata, which is basically an Italian omelet that's flat not folded, last night. It has eggs, tomatoes, onions, bell peppers, parmesan cheese, a habanero pepper, and some bacon. It turned out really, really good. So I had that for breakfast and since I needed to work through lunch to make up time, I had another slice for lunch. Actually I'm eating it now. I plan on shopping this weekend so that I can have the necessary supplies to have a variety of dishes. I'm not sure what we're having for dinner since we usually eat out on Thursdays. Rob decided to go on the diet with me in about a week. He's got a bunch of leftovers to finish off so we don't just waste food. I'm really trying to give this diet a go, but it was so hard not to just pick up a burger on my way back to the office today.

I started testing my blood glucose today, and it was a lot easier than I expected. It was painless. Now I just need to get my numbers down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

someone tell me about this diet... None of my doctor's have mentioned diet other than to tell me to cut my calories
fill me in sista! ;)

Mindy said...

Good luck Ashley (and Rob)!!! It will definitely be a life change, but well worth it to keep you healthy and get you pregnant!! Best wishes to you both!!

Mindy