Sunday, February 15, 2009

Weekend


Our Valentine's day was pretty nice. It got off to a slow start, but it ended up well. I had a hair appointment early that morning because I could not take have a head full of nappy hair any longer. That took longer than I expected since the lady doing my hair overbooked herself. So I had fun being crammed into a small shop that's about 12x12 with 8 other people. But that's what you have to put up with sometimes to save money.

We took S to stay with my mom for the night, but she couldn't keep him overnight like last time since she had to be at church early the next morning. After dropping him off, Rob and I ran by Toys R Us to get some diapers because I had a $5 off coupon that was expiring that day. Isn't that romantic? I tried to make the trip as short as possible because it was Valentine's day, and I was looking forward to actually going out this year.

After we left the store, we swung by the cemetery to take Madison the v-day balloon and new pinwheel. Then we ran home to get dressed for a nice dinner out. We decided to go to our favorite Greek restaurant since it's kind of expensive so we don't get there very often. We had a nice time talking and reminiscing. After dinner we came home and cuddled on the couch for a while before we went to pick up the baby.

Today, we have been listening to Squeaky cry, scream, yell, beat, flail, holler, and just plain bitch all day. We think he's finally cutting his first tooth. You can feel it trying to come through. So I know he's hurting, but it's still irritating to listen to. Orajel and pain reliever helped, but he refused to not be held for more than a few minutes at a time. So I haven't gotten much of anything done today. I was able to get a big chunk of the nursery decor changed while Rob occupied S since the new crib set I bought came in Friday night. It's so cute! I'll post pictures as soon as I'm done.

Here's a picture of one of the few minutes that S was not being held or screaming today. Poor little guy, I'll be glad when we're past this process.

No comments: