Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My Scare

I spent most of yesterday in pain. I woke up at 3 AM with a horrible headache. My head was throbbing so hard that it was hard to focus on anything. I couldn't keep any food or liquid down even after taking my nausea meds. I tried to work, but after running out 4 times in 2 hours to vomit, I had to leave. I kept checking my blood pressure to make sure that it wasn't elevated, and it was not. I ended up spending most of the day sleeping on the couch. Finally about 8 that night I was able to eat a grilled cheese sandwich and drink some apple juice before bed, and keep it down. Thank goodness that I woke up this morning, and felt much better.

I had a prenatal visit today, and doc thinks I had a virus. I'm just happy that it wasn't something worse. Because as soon as I had a headache that wouldn't go away with tylenol I was worried that the preeclampsia was setting in. But my blood pressure has been good, and I will see my doc again in 2 weeks to make sure things are still good.

I got an awesome deal on the crib bedding so I had to go ahead, and buy it. I got it brand new for $58 plus shipping instead of the $130-150 I've seen it elsewhere. Even though people keep saying that I'm not leaving anything for people to buy me. I think I have plenty on my baby registries, and I'm not going to miss a huge sale on the hopes that someone will buy it for me in the future. So here's a picture of our little princess' bedding.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm so glad you're okay. And I love the bedding!

Colleen said...

So glad you are fine. Rest, and lots of it is what I recommend.

And you can never have too much bedding. I ended up buying like 10 crib sheets and putting them all on the crib at once with a plastic garbage bag in between them so if he soaked through his diaper and wet the sheet I could just pull the top one off, set aside the garbage bag and not have to worry about changing the whole crib.