Thursday, May 13, 2010

Madison


Today marked 4 years since our daughter, Madison, was born. I still miss her everyday. I think about what she would be doing right now, and what she would look like. I still ache to hold her in my arms, and kiss her goodnight. I always thought that things would get easier with time, but actually things just change. This was the first year we've worked on her birthday. I did pretty good, and only cried a couple of times. I kept myself busy all day. Rob's mom picked Fuzzy up for us so we could have some time alone this evening. We took some sunflowers out to the cemetery, and spent some time there. Then we went for a nice meal. I can imagine that Madison would have been right there with us eating sushi with a big grin on her face. It's hard to believe that it's been 4 years...Happy Birthday my darling little angel.

I did not die young,
I lived the span of my life within your body,
And within your love.
If you would honor me,
Then speak my name and number me amongst your family.
If you would honor me,
Then strive to live in love,
For in that love I live.
Never ever doubt that we will meet again,
And until that day I will grow in Heaven and wait for you.

3 comments:

mesa said...

Happy Birthday sweet angel Madison ♥ I know my sweet Ella is up there helping you celebrate!

Ashley, I know this is bittersweet for you, still greiving Madison while you carry her baby sister. She is watching over you and very proud of you and she'll always be your little angel.

Sending lots of love your way ♥

Carrie said...

Please know that Madison is not forgotten. And that you are all in our prayers.

Mama Babs said...

ashley, i was thinking about you and robert on thursday... a bittersweet day to be sure.

beautiful maddie is not forgotten. not ever.

hugs to you all.