Monday, December 7, 2009

Court

Tomorrow we go back to court at 1:30 PM. I got a call from the CW asking me to bring Fuzzy so he can visit with his BM. WTF? I've seen other foster parents bring the kids to court, but it doesn't make any sense to me. What kind of visit can you have in a court room waiting for a case to be called? Also I refuse to stay any longer than I have to for the case. I'm using my time off for her to visit. Her scheduled visits are Monday and Wednesday not Tuesday. They canceled his visit today without telling me. It would have been a simple courtesy to tell me so I wouldn't spend time in my busy morning getting his diaper bad ready for a visit. But no that's too much to ask for. I'm supposed to bend over backwards to make things as easy as possible for them, but eff me.

We're praying that the judge will intercede in this stupidity and wishy washy social worker game. I'll update here hopefully tomorrow night. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

I'm less than 2 weeks from the end of my first term in school working on my graduate degree. Currently I'm in Human Services with a concentration in Executive Leadership. I know that I want to get into a field where I can help people, and make a difference. I've been thinking and toying with the idea of changing to become marriage and family therapist. But I don't know. The field I'm in now has several different concentrations that range from business to marriage and family to end of life care. I just don't know. My main problem is that I need to decide between staying with human services or moving to counseling since they have different classes. This has been a hard term since it's my first one after being out of school for years plus having to work full time and take care of the kids and the house. I'm taking off a day next week to spend the whole day reading and catching up on my final papers that are due on the 18th. I've got all A's right now and I want to keep them!

1 comment:

Misty Dawn said...

praying for your family...