Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Dance


I ran across this song today and immediately remembered the special times with Maddie. I remember being goofy one night at home alone doing the electric slide and feeling Maddie kick and move. Or laying in bed reading her Dr. Suess's "All the Places You Will Go" and knowing she had gone to sleep only to wake up and kick me when I stopped reading. I love you my feisty little kicker.


Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared beneath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known you'd ever say goodbye
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance
Holding you I held everything
For a moment wasn't I the king
But if I'd only known how the king would fall
Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all
And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end
The way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance
Yes my life is better left to chance
I could have missed the pain but I'd of had to miss the dance

5 comments:

mesa said...

Ashley, I remember you sharing the preggo pics and announcing that you were having a girl.. I feel the same way.. i'm glad I didn't know the way it all would end and the way it all would go. with both my pregnancies... I loved being pregnant and hearing a heartbeat and KNOWING I had a miracle inside me. It's nice that we'll have that memory forever.

Angel Mom said...

The song that really reminds me of my angels is One More Day by Diamond Rio.

I read Dr. Seuss to my angel, too, before she was born. We read The Foot Book.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm sorry Maddie isn't here with you. She was a very beautiful baby girl.

Maddie's Mom said...

Angel mom, that's a beautiful song. I hadn't heard it in a couple of years. Thanks for bringing to my mind.

Anonymous said...

I love the words to The Dance...I also remember seeing your pg picture.

Patty said...

One of my favorite songs - and how completely fitting.

Love you, girl.