Wednesday, December 19, 2007

11:11


Have you ever heard of making a wish when the clock shows 11:11? I'd never heard of this until my BFF told me about it high school, and ever since then I've done it if I happen to look up and see the clock at 11:11. It's silly, but so what. I love dandelions. Just love, love, love them. Ever since I was little girl playing in my grandparents backyard, I've loved to pick them and close my eyes and make a wish. Then I'd blow and watch the seed scatter to the winds. I used to believe that I could change anything just by wishing it. I don't see them as much as I used to. I think we've had maybe 1 or 2 in our yard at the house since we've lived there. But as we get older and life knocks us down again and again we lose that childlike hope that we could change everything with a wish.

I made a wish today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley - I am mazigra0925 from the WW site. I found your blog through Mesa's. I just wanted to tell you that your blog is beautiful and I think about you and your family often. Take care and happy holidays! Jenifer

Maddie's Mom said...

Hi! I remember you from the board. Thanks for stopping by. Happy holidays to you and your family too!

The Fabulous Lucie said...

I hope your wish comes true! :)

It's me, Lucie.