Monday, October 1, 2012

Neglected

I have been gone far too long. I have said over and over that I will write tonight or tomorrow, and it's been months. I had to make myself just stop what I was doing (watching TV on my lunch) and just write. Let's see what has changed since I last wrote:

Fuzzy turned 4 years old back in July. He had his Avengers themed party with a bunch of friends at Chuck E Cheese.

We went back to court and finally the judge has changed the goal from reunification to adoption. Now we wait for our next hearing to hopefully finally terminate his birth mother's rights. That will be an amazingly happy day for us and a lot of people. It's hard to get too hopeful, but I feel like we are finally seeing some light that may be the end of this tunnel we have been in for far too long.

Fuzzy has started Pre-K, and loves it. He's learning so much, and it's awesome to watch. His teacher refers to him as her little ball of loving energy. Yep, he's hyper as all get out.

Arabella turned 2 on September 1. We had a huge Dora themed luau for her. It was a lot of fun especially when the sno-cone truck showed up. Everyone loved making their own treats.My brother and his family were able to come into town for the party and it was great getting to spend some time with them.

I personally have been working on losing weight and getting healthier. I am down 40 pounds since Easter!!! I'm eating so much better and exercising consistently. I really feel like I have finally turned a corner and I can do anything I set my mind too.

I will try to do better and update more often as things change and as Fuzzy's case progresses. I can't wait to actually call him by his actual name!


No comments: