I've been busy, busy, busy the past few weeks with the holidays and the kids. We had a nice Christmas with Fuzzy. It was a long day because our plans kept being changed at the last minute by my mother-in-law. We were supposed to have lunch over here at noon, but after several time changes we ended up having dinner at their house at 5. Needless to say I was kind of cranky. But all in all we were thankful to have our son for another Christmas, and that's all that really mattered. Fuzzy got a good amount of toys like a push and ride trike, several elmo toys, and a basket ball hoop. But I swear that his favorite toy has been the $6 set of wooden blocks. He has played and played with them.
L was with her family for Christmas, but came back that weekend. So we saved some of Fuzzy's gifts for him to open when she opened her gifts. I was hoping to avoid the usual fighting by doing this, but no luck. L still tried to take everything that was her's and his. In the days following L's return she progressed into some of the longest, loudest, and worst fits she has ever had. New Year's day she screamed, cried, kicked, and flailed her body for 3 hours straight. She stopped long enough for us to go to some friends' house for lunch. But as soon as we hit our driveway she started up again. By the end of the weekend, Rob and I both decided that it was time to call her CW to see about having her moved to a new home. I'm not sure if we're making things worse by treating her like a normal 2 year old. We're still waiting to have her tested for autism and mental illness. I completed the initial eval right before Christmas, and we're just waiting for the approvals to come through.
I talked to the CW that is filling in for L's worker while she's on leave, and I talked to our home development worker about what is going on with L. At this time there are no homes to move her too so right now we have to decide how much more of this we can take. We have to call the CW back to let her know how long we will give them to find her a new placement. I'm just so torn about the whole thing. On one hand I feel like we have done everything we know to do, and her "fits" are starting to effect Fuzzy. But I keep thinking that if we hold on a while longer we could at least find out what her problem is so that she could start getting so help. I just don't know...
On a happier note we are getting ready to go to TX for my niece's 1st birthday this weekend. I can't believe it's already been a year. I seems like yesterday we were in the hospital waiting on her arrival. I'm hoping we can have a fun, stress-free weekend because it's been a while since we've had one of those.