Monday, August 9, 2010

Problems

Fuzzy and I have been having issues with each other on and off, but the last few weeks have been the worst. He doesn't really want to have anything to do with me. He only wants Robert. If I kiss him he wipes it off. He only hugs me if Rob makes him or I catch him, and it's not even much a of hug when he does it. I know part of it is because I am the stricter parent. I just fear that if I don't keep him within the rules now that it will just get worse and harder as he gets older. I refuse to let him go through a store messing up things or breaking stuff or sit in a restaurant and yell like he's on a playground. He's at the age where he talks back to us, and I don't stand for it. Rob gives him more leeway on that than I do. He runs to Rob for just about everything. And I try not to but I can't help but take it personal when Rob asks him if he loves mama, and he says no.

3 comments:

niobe said...

Somehow, kids always seem to know exactly how to push our buttons. Hang in there! My little one is going through a no-Mama stage right now too.

Do you think it's possible that he's a little jealous of the pregnancy/baby-to-be?

Maddie's Mom said...

I've been wondering the same thing. But I also wonder if he even realizes that there's a baby coming or if he just says her name because Daddy told him to. I guess we will see.

Mama Babs said...

my 19-month-old is going through a 'no mama' stage too and i'm trying VERY hard not to take it personally, but it is hard... i feel very rejected. but on the other hand, i'm glad he loves his daddy so much.

and my #1 was 19 months old when #2 arrived - while he may not have articulated it very well before the baby was born, he knew EXACTLY who he was when we brought him home! so i'd guess fuzzy does know what's going on, even if he can't articulate it particularly well.

hang in there, it will get better, i promise!