Monday, May 4, 2009


It's been a while since I've actually had a real post so now I'm taking time to get it all typed out. Our trip to Dallas was good. Fuzzy was crankier on the drive than usual, but he's teething. We had a good time loving on Avianna. She's changed so much since we last saw her. She's so pretty, and looks so much like my mom and me it's freaky. We spent 2 nights of our trip in a very nice hotel with a jacuzzi in our room. I puffy heart the jacuzzi. I need to start saving $$ to get one of my own. That thing was so nice after being out and about all day. Little Girl had a wonderful time with the respte family. She loved playing with their 3 year old little girl. She didn't want to leave when we came to pick her up.

I took a ton of pictures on my trip so here's a few of them.

Last week, I did something that I have been trying to avoid since I started driving 13 years ago. On my way back to the office from lunch, I was driving down the little boulevard in front of my office going about 10 mph. When out of no where darts a squirrel. My mind didn't even realize that it was a squirrel running in front of my car until I heard a little thump. My heart sank. I started to cry as I slowly creeped forward. I looked in my rear view and saw the poor little skwerl (as my hubby likes to spell it). I parked so I could see him because I was hoping and praying I had just stunned him. He tried to get up a couple of times and moved a little. The only thing going through my mind was how am I going to get that squirrel in my car to take him to the vet? After a couple of minutes he got up and ran into some near-by bushes. When Rob got off work we came back to look for the little guy, and couldn't find him. So I'm hoping and praying he was just stunned and now he's happily eating pecans somewhere near the building not in the street!

Wednesday, Little Girl had her weekly visit with her mom and little brother. Usually she's upset which is to be expected when I pick her up. But when I got to the daycare she actually came to me and took my hand to go home. I was shocked. But the next day things were right back to normal with me having to drag the crying, sobbing child home with me.

Friday, we had our first home visit from Little Girl's CW, C. We discussed having her evaluated for developmental delays due to her past history and lack of communication. C was shocked that Little Girl is still avoiding me like the plague, but gets overly attached to almost any stranger that talks to her. C mentioned that the judge has ordered that a home study be done on Little Girl's aunt and uncle that live in a neighboring city. This aunt and uncle have worked with the state before as relative placements for another niece that had a child in foster care. I really hope this works out and LG gets to be with her siblings again. I know that's the best for her.

All in all not much has changed between LG and I. She still cries and cries when I come get her from somewhere. She doesn't talk to me and usually avoids me. I'm still trying to work with her, and I'll keep trying. I would hate to have them move her only to be moved again if her relatives can take her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you updated. : )

Sorry about the squirrel. I would've done exactly the same as you. I'm sure he's fine.

It must be so frustrating dealing with L, but I really admire you for hanging in there!


p.s. your niece is too cute for words!